MarineLabs is a rapidly scaling technology company based in Victoria, BC, Canada. Our work spans many disciplines and domains! If you are talented, collaborative, and passionate about applying your skills toward data-enabled maritime safety and resilient coastlines, we’d love to hear from you. Reach out to us at email@example.com.
Electrical Engineering Lead
MarineLabs is seeking a collaborative Electrical Engineering Lead as we scale our cutting edge coastal IoT.
The position is full-time and starts as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator, and will thrive in a cross-disciplinary team. The candidate will have experience in:
- PCB layout, assembly, manufacturing, and troubleshooting in production environments
- Communication protocols (UART, R2C, SPI, RS232/485, etc.)
- Low-power circuit development
- Embedded firmware development
- Cellular, Satellite and/or other telemetry
- Hardware-in-the-Loop, continuous integration, and production/pre-commissioning testing
- Sensor and transducer integration
- Solar charging system design
- EMC testing processes and mitigation techniques
- Electrical supply chain management and procurement
- Programming in C/C++, Python
- 3+ years of electrical engineering with embedded microcontrollers
- Bachelor’s of Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
Additional skills or experience that would be an asset:
- Firmware Over the Air (OTA) update
- Development of marine technology or other products deployed in rugged environments
- Design with Lithium and other battery chemistries
- Test Driven and Agile Development processes
The position requires physical presence in Victoria; However, we offer flexibility in working locations between home, office, and lab with opportunities for coastal field work. We offer a competitive compensation package including health benefits, employee stock options, and general vacation programs. We’d love to hear from candidates of all backgrounds, orientation and abilities. In keeping with best practices for growing and maintaining a diverse work force, we won;t be starting interviews until we’ve identified candidates from a variety of ethnic and gender backgrounds.
If this position sounds exciting to you, please send your resume and cover-letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org